Ingredients to serve four
- Buckwheat ice cream
- Milk – 350 g
- Cream – 160 g
- Egg yolk – 70 g
- Sugar – 140 g
- Buckwheat seeds – 150 g
- Argan oil
- Monarq Sevruga caviar
For the buckwheat ice cream:
- Beat the yolk and add sugar until you have a smooth mixture.
- Bring the cream and milk to the boil.
- Pour a small amount over the sugar and egg yolk mixture to temper it.
- Pour this mixture into the remaining cream and milk and cook over low heat until it coats the spoon.
- Add the buckwheat seeds, having previously roasted them in the oven at 160 degrees.
- Mix everything together and strain through a fine conical sieve.
- Churn the ice cream before serving for a light, airy texture.
- Serve a quenelle of the buckwheat ice cream.
- Place around 30–50 grams of Monarq Sevruga caviar on the ice cream.
- Add some argan oil.
Recipe byJacopo Romagnoli, Chef du restaurant Café de la plage au Grande théâtre de Genève